Dark chocolate raspberry cashew butter cups made with dark chocolate, creamy all-natural cashew butter, and sweet, yet tart, raspberry jam. These cups are incredibly easy to make and the perfect healthier treat!
An Easy and Delicious Treat: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cashew Butter Cups
Dark chocolate nut butter cups are one of my favorite treats and these chocolate raspberry cashew butter cups take things to the next level with the addition of raspberry jam. The combination of dark chocolate, creamy cashew butter, and sweet, yet slightly tart, raspberry jam works perfectly together.
Made with just four simple ingredients, they are a healthier alternative to store-bought candy and so easy to make!
Cashew Butter Cup Ingredients
Dark Chocolate: Feel free to use dark chocolate chips, chunks, or your favorite dark chocolate bar. If you prefer the taste and flavor, you could use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate. If you do decide to go with milk chocolate, just know that the flavor of the cups will be slightly different.
Coconut Oil: This ingredient is added to the dark chocolate to help smooth it out a bit. It also helps the chocolate harden once it is cooled and frozen.
Cashew Butter: Use a smooth and creamy cashew butter, with minimal ingredients, for this recipe. Ideally, you want the cashew butter to be made from only cashews and maybe a little sea salt.
Raspberry Jam: You can use your favorite raspberry jam of choice in this recipe. I like to use one that has been minimally sweetened and has very few ingredients.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cashew Butter Cups
Step One: First, add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds more and then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
Step Two: Next, line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
Step Three: Pour around 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of each muffin liner. Place the muffin tin in the fridge or freezer for five to ten minutes to let the chocolate harden.
Step Four: Next, spoon around 1 teaspoon of the cashew butter into the center of each cup. Next, drop a small spoonful of raspberry jam into the center of the cashew butter.
Step Five: Cover the cashew butter and jam filling with another tablespoon or more of melted chocolate until the filling is completely covered. Place the cashew butter cups into the freezer to harden.
Step Six: Once the cashew butter butter cups have hardened and set, remove them from the liners and enjoy!
How to Store
The best thing about these cashew butter cups is that once you make a batch you can easily store them in the fridge or freezer for a sweet treat whenever you want!
Fridge: Store the chocolate raspberry cashew butter cups in an air-tight container in the fridge for weeks.
Freezer: Store the cashew butter cups in an an air-tight container in the freezer for up to three months.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Nut Butter Cups
- Don’t like cashew butter? You can use any creamy nut butter for these cups. Peanut butter or almond butter would also work well!
- Want to use another flavor of jam? Go for it! Strawberry jam would be delicious!
More Delicious Healthy Desserts You’ll Love
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
Healthy Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
No Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
Creamy Vanilla Maple Cashew Butter
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
I hope you give these Dark Chocolate Cashew Butter Raspberry Cups a try! They are so easy to make and a delicious healthier treat.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
Recipe by: Ashlea Carver / All the Healthy Things | Photography by: Casey Colodny / THE MINDFUL HAPA
- 16 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Fill a regular size muffin tin with paper liners. Use a tablespoon measure to pour a small amount of the melted chocolate (1-2 tablespoons) into the paper cups. Place the muffin tin in the freezer for around 10 minutes or until the bottom chocolate layer has hardened a bit.
- Next, drop a small spoonful of the cashew butter (1-2 teaspoons) into the center of each cup and then a small spoonful of raspberry preserves (1-2 teaspoons) into the center of the cashew butter.
- Top the cashew cups with the remaining chocolate (roughly 1 tablespoon).
- If any cashew butter or raspberry preservers are sticking up, just gently press it down so each cup has a smooth top layer of chocolate. Freeze for one hour or until solid. Store in the freezer.
Keywords: cashew butter cups, dark chocolate cashew butter cups, chocolate raspberry cashew butter cups, dark chocolate raspberry cashew butter cups