These Broccoli Cheddar Tots are so easy to make and use a variety of perfectly cooked vegetables. They’re a fun and delicious way to get in extra veggies for both kids and adults!
This recipe is sponsored by Birds Eye who I am excited to be partnering with in this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you are looking for a fun and delicious way to get more veggies into your diet then you are going to love these delicious (and easy!) broccoli cheddar tots.
Unlike traditional tater tots, these broccoli cheddar tots are baked, not fried and use a combination of four different veggies. The best part? There’s no need to hand shred or chop any veggies because this recipe use Birds Eye frozen vegetables that cook up perfectly right in the microwave.
All you need to make these broccoli cheddar tots are a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. They are perfect for an easy back to school snack or quick weeknight dinner side. Thankfully, you can easily buy the ingredients you need to make these tots online.
Broccoli Cheddar Tot Ingredients
Birds Eye Steam Fresh Broccoli Florets: these tender broccoli florets are perfectly cooked and ready to use in minutes. I love that they are picked at the peak of freshness, and flash frozen to lock in nutrients.
Birds Eye Steam Fresh Shredded Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes with Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets: This blend of shredded potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli florets, and cauliflower florets is lightly seasoned and a hearty and delicious addition to the veggie bites.
Eggs: These help to bind and hold everything together.
Greek Yogurt: I used plain whole milk Greek yogurt for this recipe.
Shredded Cheddar: For the best results, I like to use a box grater to hand shred the cheddar cheese off the block.
Almond Flour: Finely ground blanched almond flour helps to give these broccoli cheddar tots some shape while also keeping the recipe gluten free.
Spices: A combination of garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika help to make these tots even tastier.
How to Make These Broccoli Cheddar Tots
Step One: Cook the Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli Florets and Shredded Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes with Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets according to the package directions. Once the vegetables are finished cooking, transfer them to a mixing bowl and set aside in the fridge to cool while you grab the rest of your ingredients.
Step Two: Once the veggies have cooled, add them to a food processor and pulse 3-4 times until everything is finely chopped.
Step Three: Transfer the chopped vegetables to a mixing bowl and then add the shredded cheddar, eggs, Greek yogurt, almond flour, and spices. Use a spoon to gently mix everything together.
Step Four: Use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop to scoop the veggie mixture and then use your hands to form the mixture in tot shaped logs.
Step Five: Place the tots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray them lightly with cooking spray and then bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip the tots halfway through to ensure that each side gets nice and brown.
Step Six: Once the broccoli cheddar tots are done cooking, remove them from the oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I substitute for almond flour?
If you do not have almond flour, or have allergy, I recommend using regular all purpose flour or oat flour for this recipe.
Can I use another type of cheese?
Yes! Feel free to get creative and use your favorite cheese or blend of cheeses.
What I can substitute for Greek yogurt?
You can easily substitute sour cream in place of Greek yogurt for this recipe.
What dipping sauce do you like?
I love mixing together a little bit of Plain Greek Yogurt and my favorite hot sauce to make a creamy dipping sauce that pairs perfectly with these broccoli cheddar tots.
More Delicious Veggie Focused Recipes
Delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad
Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos
Healthy Broccoli Salad
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
The Best Healthy Coleslaw
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
I hope you give these Broccoli Cheddar Tots a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
- 1 bag Birdseye Steamfresh Broccoli Florets
- 1 bag Birdseye shredded veggies
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli Florets and Shredded Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes with Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets according to the package directions. Transfer the veggies to a mixing bowl and set aside in the fridge. Allow them to cool while you assemble the remaining recipe ingredients.
- Once the veggies have cooled a bit, add them to a food processor and pulse 3-4 times until finely chopped.
- Transfer the chopped veggies to a large mixing bowl. To the bowl, add shredded cheese, whisked eggs, Greek yogurt, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and paper. Stir until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop to scoop the veggie mixture and then use your hands to form the mixture in tot shaped logs.
- Place the tots onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray them with cooking spray and then bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Allow the broccoli cheddar veggie tots to a cool a bit before serving with your favorite dipping sauce! Enjoy!
Keywords: broccoli cheddar tots, broccoli cheddar, vegetables