- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup MAPLE SYRUP or HONEY
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 cup GLUTEN FREE OLD-FASHIONED ROLLED OATS
- 3 tablespoons CHIA SEEDS
- 2 tablespoons GROUND FLAX SEEDS
- 1/4 cup SHREDDED COCONUT
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 3/4 cup MINI DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- flaky sea salt for the top, optional
- Add the cashew butter, maple syrup or honey, oats, flax seed, shredded coconut, sea salt, and chia seeds to a food processor and pulse just until well combined and a sticky “dough” has formed.
- Add the mini dark chocolate chips and dried cherries to the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Place the dough into the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to scoop the energy bite dough. Use your hands to roll each scoop of dough into a ball and then place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top of the bites and place them back in the fridge to chill.
- Once the bites have chilled and become firm enjoy immediately or transfer them to a storage container. Store the energy bites in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Keywords: gluten free energy bites, chocolate cherry energy bites, energy bites, cherry energy bites