Delicious apple cider caramel sauce made with coconut milk, sweet brown sugar, and apple cider. This dairy-free caramel sauce is the perfect topping for ice cream, brownies, or as a dip for fresh apples. It is so easy to make and a special treat everyone will love!
The Best Ever Vegan Caramel Sauce Made with Apple Cider
Few things are better to me than a luscious, rich caramel sauce. It’s just as perfect drizzled over ice cream and brownies as it is paired with fresh apple slices. But you know what is even better? A rich, delicious caramel sauce infused with apple cider and the flavor of apple pie. Bonus? It could not be easier to make.
Traditional caramel sauces are made with cream which, while decadent, does not make them the best option for those avoiding dairy either because of dietary preferences or allergies. This vegan apple cider caramel is made with full-fat coconut milk, instead of cream, and I promise that you will not even miss the dairy.
Simple Apple Cider Caramel Sauce Ingredients
You likely already have all of the ingredients you need to make this delicious caramel sauce!
Full Fat Coconut Milk: To keep the caramel sauce dairy-free, this recipe uses full-fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream. Be sure to get full-fat canned coconut milk and not light coconut milk.
Apple Cider: This caramel uses apple cider to help get that delicious apple cider flavor.
Dark Brown Sugar: You can’t have caramel sauce without sugar and the dark brown sugar has the perfect flavor.
Vanilla Extract: For that delicious vanilla flavor.
Apple Pie Spice: This helps to really amplify the apple cider flavor of the caramel
Flaky Sea Salt: An optional ingredient but trust me, you want to add it.
How to Make This Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce
You might be feeling a little intimidated by the idea of making a caramel sauce but rest assured this dairy-free caramel sauce could not be easier to make. All you have to do is add all of your ingredients to a small pot and allow it to simmer for around twenty minutes until you have a thick, rich caramel sauce. No need for a candy thermometer or any special equipment!
Step One: Add the coconut milk, apple cider, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and apple pie spice to a small pot over medium-high heat.
Step Two: Whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined and bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and allow the caramel to continue simmering for around twenty-five minutes. Be sure to whisk the caramel frequently while it is simmering.
Step Three: Once the caramel has thickened and coats the back of a spoon, remove the pot from the heat. Add in the flaky sea salt and stir until well combined.
Step Four: Allow the caramel sauce to cool off for around ten minutes before using. You can drizzle it over your favorite dessert warm or let it come to a complete cool before transferring to a storage container.
Tips for Perfect Caramel
- Be sure to whisk the caramel sauce frequently while cooking.
- The caramel sauce will be done when it coats the back of a spoon. Another tip is to check the color of the caramel sauce. It will also turn a rich amber color when it is ready to be removed from the heat.
- I love the addition of sea salt to this caramel sauce but feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
How to Store Salted Caramel Sauce
Store your caramel sauce in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Ways to Use Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- As a dip for fresh apple slices
- Drizzled over your favorite ice cream
- Swirled into your morning coffee
- Drizzled over your favorite dessert like brownies or an apple crisp
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
I hope you love this apple cider caramel sauce! I know it will quickly become a favorite. If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the recipe below so others know how you liked it!Print
Apple Cider Caramel Sauce (Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, optional
- Add the coconut milk, apple cider, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and apple pie spice to a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined and bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and allow the caramel to continue simmering for 20 to 25 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Once the caramel has thickened and coats the back of a spoon, remove the pot from the heat. Add in the flaky sea salt and stir until well combined.
- Allow the caramel sauce to cool for 10 minutes before using. Serve it warm or allow it to come to a complete cool before transferring to a storage container and storing in the fridge.
dairy free caramel sauce, apple cider caramel sauce, apple cider caramel, vegan caramel, dairy free caramel