- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, optional
- Add the coconut milk, apple cider, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and apple pie spice to a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until well combined and bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and allow the caramel to continue simmering for 20 to 25 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Once the caramel has thickened and coats the back of a spoon, remove the pot from the heat. Add in the flaky sea salt and stir until well combined.
- Allow the caramel sauce to cool for 10 minutes before using. Serve it warm or allow it to come to a complete cool before transferring to a storage container and storing in the fridge.
Keywords: dairy free caramel sauce, apple cider caramel sauce, apple cider caramel, vegan caramel, dairy free caramel