All you need is one skillet, minimal ingredients, and around fifteen to twenty minutes to make this simple dish. This Sausage and Pepper Skillet is exactly the kind of meal you want when you need to get dinner on the table fast. It’s healthy, filling, and also Paleo and Whole30 compliant. This simple recipe will easily become a part of your weekly dinner menu and I know you will love it!
a perfect weeknight dinner: easy sausage and pepper skillet
Sometimes, you just need an easy one-skillet meal in your life. Especially if you already feel like you are constantly running short on time to make healthy meals.
One-skillet meals and recipes are my saving grace when it comes to getting a healthy dinner on the table when I’m pressed for time.
This easy sausage and pepper skillet is something that I make all of the time. So much so that I felt like it wasn’t a “real” recipe.
But, one of my goals this year is to share really easy simple recipes and methods with you that help you get a dinner on the table quickly and without a lot of fuss. This recipe definitely meets all of those criteria.
how to customize your easy sausage and pepper skillet
Besides the fact that it’s easy and quick, what I love about this skillet so much is that it’s also pretty customizable. I’ve listed the ingredients I used to make the food that’s show in the pictures, but you could easily switch out the color of the peppers or use a different type of onion.
You could also use this recipe as the base and add in more of your favorite veggies. Here are a few ideas:
Get creative here and just use this recipe as a jumping off point for your own healthy creations!
this easy sausage and pepper skillet is great for breakfast
Also, I know I’ve talked a lot about dinner, but this recipe would also be fantastic for breakfast. Instead of using kielbasa sausage you could you use your favorite link breakfast sausage for a hearty breakfast or brunch dish.
I’m thinking some chicken and apple sausage in this would be so good. You could even add mushrooms and fresh spinach to pack in even more nutrients at breakfast time.
We love eating this with a fried egg and a side of roasted sweet potatoes for a hearty breakfast on the weekends.
This recipe is also great for meal prep! You can make a big batch of this at the beginning of the week and have it prepped and ready to go for easy lunches. It reheats really well in the microwave which makes it a great dish to pack and bring for lunch!
More Delicious Recipes That You Will Love
Easy Sausage and Pepper Skillet (Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1/2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 link kielbasa sausage or 2 links chicken apple sausage
- 1/2 cup sliced red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in the oil.
- Next add your sausage and brown on both sides, stirring occasionally. Once the sausage is browned, add in the peppers and onions and continue to stir. Then, add in the garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook everything until the onions have become translucent and the peppers have become tender but still have a slight crispness, around five minutes. Finish with fresh parsley and serve!
sausage and peppers, whole30 sausage and peppers, sausage, peppers