You’re going to love this Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad Meal Prep! The perfect combination of spicy buffalo sauce, creamy ranch dressing, and cool crisp veggies. This recipe is perfect to meal prep for quick lunches during a busy week! Use Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® Meal Prep Containers to store your food! Read on to learn more.
This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid®; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad Meal Prep
This shredded buffalo chicken salad is a simple recipe that is perfect for your weekly meal prep! I love that I can simply make a batch of the shredded chicken on Sunday, chop a few veggies, and have quick and easy salads all week long.
If you have been wanting to meal prep a bit more this year, add this delicious recipe to your menu and keep reading to learn more about my favorite meal prep containers, tips, and tricks.
My Favorite Meal Prep Tips and Tricks
Meal prepping is a great way to save time throughout the week and ensure that you have healthy and satisfying meals at your fingertips. Meal prepping is often overcomplicated when the concept is really quite simple. You’re essentially just eating leftovers and there are several ways you can do that, depending on what works best for you, your unique lifestyle, and schedule. Here are a few of my favorite meal prep tips and tricks.
- Start with a protein. Cooking a protein like shredded chicken, ground beef or ground turkey is a great way to ensure you have filling meals.
- Prep your fruits and veggies in advance. Peeling, slicing, and coring your fruits and veggies is a great way to guarantee that you will eat a wide variety of healthy fruits and veggies.
- Make a sauce or dressing. Nothing pulls a meal together like a tasty sauce or dressing! Prepare one or two of your favorites to drizzle on your meals and really bring them to life. I love dressing and sauces packed with fresh herbs and spices.
The Best Meal Prep Containers to Use
Now that you know exactly what to meal prep, it’s time to make sure you have the perfect containers to hold all of your delicious food! Having high-quality containers makes meal prepping so much easier and also ensures that your food stays fresher for longer.
Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® Meal Prep Containers are perfect for meal prepping because they are reusable, top-rack dishwasher safe, BPA-free, freezer safe, and they have microwave-safe bases for reheating. They also have a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
I love that the containers can easily stack in the fridge or cabinet which makes them easy to organize and reduces clutter in the kitchen. Plus they are durable and secure, which means that you won’t have to deal with any leaks or spills. You can click here to learn more about Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® Meal Prep Containers and where to purchase them (I got mine at Walmart!).
The Simple Ingredients You’ll Need for Perfectly Tender Buffalo Chicken
Ghee: This adds a delicious flavor to the buffalo chicken.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast: Chicken breast is such a versatile protein and pairs perfectly with the flavor of the buffalo sauce.
Buffalo Sauce: Feel free to use your favorite variety!
Spices: A little shake of garlic powder and onion powder go a long way to give the shredded chicken even more flavor.
Veggies: This salad uses a simple combination of fresh romaine, carrots, celery, and tomatoes. Feel free to add in even more of your favorite veggies. Cucumber or shredded cabbage would be lovely additions!
Step by Step Easy Meal Prep
- Cook the shredded buffalo chicken – once you have made your shredded buffalo chicken, let it come to a complete cool before transferring it to a Rubbermaid container and placing it in the fridge.
- Chop your veggies – while your chicken is cooking, go ahead and prep all of the veggies you will need for the next few days. Chop your romaine lettuce, dice your carrots, chop your celery, and slice your tomatoes in half.
- Make the ranch dressing – next, go ahead and make a batch of dairy-free ranch dressing and store it in a Rubbermaid container to keep it fresh and ready to drizzle over your salads.
How to Assemble Your Buffalo Chicken Salads
Once you prep all of the components for this recipe, you are then ready to make a week’s worth of healthy and delicious salads to keep you nourished all week long. Just portion out the shredded chicken and veggies into separate containers. Then, pour a little dressing into the smaller Rubbermaid containers to go along with your salad.
When you are ready to eat, just grab your chicken, veggies, and dressing from the fridge. You can easily reheat the buffalo chicken in the microwave for a minute before adding it to your salad. Drizzle a little dressing on top and you have an easy lunch that takes you less than five minutes to prepare.
I hope you love this Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad Meal Prep! It’s so easy to make and stores easily in your fridge thanks to Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® Meal Prep Containers.
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
For the Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
For the Salad
- 2–3 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3–4 stalks celery
- 1 large carrot (or you can use baby carrots)
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 batch dairy-free ranch dressing