- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey, dark meat
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
For the Bowls
- 1 batch cilantro lime coconut rice
- black beans
- shredded romaine lettuce
- pico de gallo
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- sliced radish
- fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the avocado oil and then add the ground turkey. Brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Once the meat has started to brown, add the garlic and diced onion. Continue to brown the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Next, lower the heat to medium and add the tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and arrowroot starch to ground meat. Cook for 1 minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Add in the chicken broth and stir until well combined. Let the ground turkey simmer a bit in the broth until thickened and then remove from the heat.
- Next, assemble the burrito bowls. Start with a bed of rice and then top with the ground turkey mixture, black beans, shredded lettuce, avocado, pico, sour cream, etc.
Keywords: burrito bowl recipe, ground turkey burrito bowl, turkey burrito bowl, burrito bowl with ground turkey, healthy ground turkey burrito bowl meal prep