- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 – 15oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 – 4oz can green chiles
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups beef broth
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Jalapeno, for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add a tablespoon of avocado oil. Add the ground turkey to the pot and brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Once the ground turkey is fully cooked through, add in the bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Give everything a good stir and let it cook for a few minutes until you notice the onion starting to become tender and translucent.
- Next, add the white beans, tomatoes, green chilis, spices, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and broth. Stir until everything is well combined and then bring the chili to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow the chili to simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- After the chili has simmered, give it a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Spoon into bowls, serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Keywords: Turkey Chili, White Bean Turkey Chili, Healthy Chili