For the Salmon
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil (plus extra for cooking)
- 1 pound salmon filets, 3-4 oz each
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- white rice
- avocado corn salsa
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- fresh lime slices
- Combine the oil, coconut sugar, lime zest, chipotle powder, paprika, and cumin in a small bowl.
- Bring the salmon to room temperature and the pat dry. Season the salmon liberally with salt, pepper, and the spice rub.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add avocado or olive oil to the pan.
- Cook the salmon 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Feel free to add more oil as necessary to keep the salmon from sticking.
- While the salmon is cooking, prep the avocado corn salsa, and assemble the remaining serving ingredients.
- Once the salmon is done, assemble your burrito bowls. Start with a bed of rice and then add the salmon, avocado corn salsa, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and fresh cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: salmon burrito bowl, salmon rice bowl, chipotle burrito bowl, healthy burrito bowl, homemade burrito bowl, salmon