For the Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
For the Salad
- 7 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced pink lady apple
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup candied pecans, chopped
For the Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2. tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Roast the Sweet Potatoes: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel the sweet potatoes and then dice into small chunks. Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- Assemble the Salad: Add all of the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the Dressing: While the sweet potatoes are roasting, add the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl or blender. Whisk together or blend until well combined.
- Drizzle some of the salad dressing over the salad. Toss until well combined and add more dressing to suite your taste. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: roasted sweet potato spinach salad, sweet potato spinach salad, roasted sweet potato salad