- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Add the potatoes to a large bot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and then add a generous sprinkle of salt. Let the potatoes boil in the salted water for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and let cool.
- Slice the bacon into lardons and then add it to a skillet heated over medium heat. Cook until crispy, stirring occasionally to make sure that it does not burn. Set a bit of bacon aside for garnish.
- Next, make the dressing. Add the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh dill to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Next, make the potato salad. Add the cooled potatoes, most of the cooked bacon, green onion, and cheddar cheese to a large mixing bowl. Pour on the dressing and stir until well combined. Give the potato salad a taste and add more salt if needed. Garnish with the remaining crispy bacon and chives. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate the potato salad before serving.
Keywords: loaded baked potato salad, loaded baked potato salad recipe, potato salad, potato salad recipe