- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chicken pan drippings, fat removed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, plus more if desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the butter and let melt. Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour until well incorporated and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Next, slowly whisk in the pan drippings until they are all well incorporated.
- Next, slowly pour in the chicken broth, whisking continuously as you pour it in.
- Give the gravy a taste and season with salt and pepper and let cook for for two to three more minutes until it has thickened to your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick you can slowly whisk in another fourth a cup of broth.
- Once the gravy has thickened to your desired consistency, remove it from the heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
Keywords: how to make homemade gravy, how to make homemade gravy with flour, homemade gravy recipe