- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp arrowroot starch
- Green onion, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Add the chicken thighs, garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, coat the pan with oil and then add in the chicken. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes until browned and cooked through. Once cooked, remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Add the coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil and arrowroot starch to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Next, add in the broccoli florets and ⅓ cup of water. Cook the broccoli until it is bright green and slightly tender, around 4-6 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken back to the skillet and then add the sauce. Give everything a stir to combine chicken, broccoli, and sauce are all well combined and cook for one more minute. The sauce should thicken a bit as it heats.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, finish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, and then serve the stir-fry immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: chicken and broccoli stir fry, stir fry, chicken and broccoli, healthy chicken and broccoli