- 4 strips Whole30 compliant bacon, sliced into lardons
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2.5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced (roughly 5–6 cups)
- 32 oz Whole30 compliant chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or cream
- 1–2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped (plus more for topping)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. When the pot is hot, add the bacon to the pan and cook until crispy. Once the bacon is done remove it from the pan and allow it to drain on paper towels.
- Next, add the diced onion, garlic, and ghee (if using) to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Next, add the potatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil and then lower the heat. Let the soup simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- When the potatoes are tender, add the coconut milk. Next, add one cup of soup to a blender and blend until mostly smooth. Pour the soup back into the pot. Then, stir in one tablespoon of arrowroot starch to the soup. Add another tablespoon if you would like the soup to be thicker.
- Stir in half of the crisped bacon and green onions. Serve the soup with crispy bacon and green onions on top and enjoy!
Keywords: dairy free loaded baked potato soup, baked potato soup, loaded potato soup, potato soup, whole30 loaded potato soup