- 2 tablespoons oil (can be avocado or olive)
- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 1 – 13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Add the oil, rice, coconut milk, water, and salt, to a medium non-stick saucepan that has a tight fitting lid. Bring the rice to a boil, cover with the lid, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the rice for 15-20 minutes until all of the liquid has absorbed or according to the instructions on the package.
- Once the rice has cooked, fluff it with a fork and let cool slightly.
- Next, add the chopped cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Use a fork to continue to fluff the rice until everything is well combined and then give the rice a taste. Adjust the seasoning to your liking and enjoy warm!
Keywords: cilantro lime rice, cilantro lime rice recipe, chipotle cilantro lime rice, how to make cilantro lime rice, what goes with cilantro lime rice, cilantro lime coconut rice