- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 chicken breasts)
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
For the Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Use a sharp knife to slice the bacon into strips. Add the bacon to a pan heated over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp and then use a slotted spoon to remove it from the pan. Let it drain on paper towels to remove any excess grease.
- Season each chicken breast liberally with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Add 1 tablespoon of olive or avocado oil to a pan heated over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts to the hot pan and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until the chicken is browned and fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool.
- Chop the romaine lettuce, slice the tomatoes, dice the avocado, and slice the green onion. Add everything to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the honey mustard dressing by adding all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Dice the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and add it to the mixing bowl. Then, add the bacon strips.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of dressing over the salad and use a pair of kitchen tongs to toss the salad until well combined.
- Serve with extra dressing, salt, and pepper on the side and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken bacon avocado salad, salad, chicken salad, honey mustard dressing