- 1.5 pounds ground turkey (dark meat)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 4 brioche buns, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- chipotle aioli
- bib lettuce leaves
- thinly sliced red onion
- sliced tomato
- Add the ground turkey, spices, and salt to a large mixing bowl,
- Use your fingers to gently mix everything together being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the ground turkey mixture into four 5 ounce patties that are around 3/4 inch thick 4 inches wide. Use a basting brush to brush the top of the patties with yellow mustard.
- Make the Chipotle Aioli: add the mayo, garlic, lime juice, chipotle powder, paprika, and salt to a small mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and then add the patties, mustard side down. Cook for 5-6 and then flip the burgers and cook for another 5-6 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. While the burgers are cooking toast your buns.
- When the burgers are fully cooked turn off the heat, add 1 slice of cheese to the top of each patty and cover the pan with a lid to help the cheese melt. The residual heat in the pan should help the cheese melt.
- Remove the patties from the pan and top with sliced avocado. Next, spread the chipotle aioli on the buns. Assemble the burgers with the rest of the toppings and then serve and enjoy!
Grilling Instructions: Grill burgers over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Start the burgers mustard side down and be sure your grill is oiled a bit to prevent sticking.
Keywords: turkey burgers, turkey burgers recipe, how to make turkey burgers, how long to cook turkey burgers, how long to grill turkey burgers, how to cook turkey burgers