For the Filling:
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Enchiladas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 1/3 cups red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 9×13 baking dish with avocado spray.
- Make the Sautéed Veggie Mixture: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the avocado oil, diced onion, diced bell pepper, and minced garlic. Sauté the garlic, onion, and bell pepper in avocado oil until tender. Next, add the baby spinach and sauté for 1-2 minutes until it is just wilted. Set aside.
- Make the Filling: Add the shredded turkey, sautéed veggie mixture, Greek yogurt, cheese, cilantro, enchilada sauce, cumin, oregano, lime juice, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Assemble the Enchiladas: Pour 1/3 a cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Next,microwave the flour tortillas for 30 seconds to 1 minute, flipping halfway through, until warm and pliable. Next, pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on a large plate. One at a time, gently dip a tortilla in the enchilada sauce until lightly coated on both sides. Scoop around 1/3 a cup of the filling into the tortilla and then gently roll up and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat the process until all 8 enchiladas have been made.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and then top with the remaining shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown and bubbly. Garnish with cilantro, diced red onion, and lime wedges before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: turkey enchiladas, leftover turkey enchiladas, turkey enchilada recipe