For the meatballs
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the red curry sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 – 15oz can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion, for garnish
- jasmine rice, for serving
- Make the Meatballs: Add all of the meatball ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Next, use a cookie dough scoop or tablespoon to scoop the ground turkey mixture and use your hands to form meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the avocado oil and then cook the meatballs for 3-4 meatballs on each side until brown. Once the meatballs are brown, remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Make the red curry sauce: Add the sliced peppers and onions to the skillet and saute for a few minutes until tender. Next, add the red curry paste, coconut milk, lime juice, coconut aminos, and fish sauce to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Add the meatballs back to the red curry sauce and bring them to a simmer. Let the meatballs simmer for 15-20 minutes and then finish the dish with fresh cilantro and green onion. Serve the meatballs over jasmine rice and enjoy!
Keywords: Thai red curry meatballs, Red curry meatballs, Thai red curry, Whole30 red curry meatballs, Whole30, curry meatballs