- 3–4 large bell peppers
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1–15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 6oz shredded Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds and inner ribs. Pat the peppers dry with paper towels then, brush the peppers with a little oil and place them on a lined baking sheet, cut side up. Bake the peppers at 400 degrees for 15 minutes until they start to become slightly tender. Remove the peppers from the oven and set aside.
- Add half a tablespoon of oil to a hot skillet. Next, add the ground turkey, diced onion, and minced garlic. Brown the turkey, breaking it up as it cooks. Once the turkey has browned add in the herbs, spices, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, canned tomatoes, and drained black beans. Stir until well combined and then cook over medium heat for five more minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and fold in the rice. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Use a large spoon to gently spoon the filling into the baked peppers. Once stuffed, place the peppers back on the lined baking sheet and top with a generous amount of Cabot shredded cheese.
- Bake the peppers at 375 degrees for ten to twelve minutes until the cheese has completely melted. If you would like, you can broil the peppers on high for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and let them cool for just a few minutes, top with chopped cilantro, and then serve!
Keywords: Taco Stuffed Peppers, Stuffed Peppers