- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour (all purpose or gluten free, either will work)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the gluten free flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add the butter, coconut milk, maple syrup, eggs, and sweet potato puree. Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently fold everything together until the batter is combined.
- Transfer the cornbread batter to a greased or lined muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the tops of the muffins are golden brown. They should bounce back if lightly pressed.
- Serve the muffins warm with a drizzle of honey, butter, and cinnamon.
Keywords: sweet potato cornbread, cornbread sweet potato, sweet potato cornbread recipe, how to make sweet potato cornbread, gluten free sweet potato cornbread