For the Fajitas:
- 1 1/2 pounds large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 bell peppers (orange, green, and yellow), thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (optional)
For the Lime Crema:
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- white corn tortillas
- cotija cheese
- chopped cilantro
- pickled onions
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the marinade by combining the spices, oil, lime juice, and lime zest in a small mixing bowl.
- Next, pour half the fajita marinade on the veggies and toss until the vegetables are well coated in the marinade. Pour the veggies out onto a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees until the veggies are tender yet still crisp.
- While the veggies are in the oven, pour the other half of the marinade on the shrimp and stir until well coated. Let the shrimp marinate while the veggies are cooking.
- Now, make the cilantro lime crema. Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor. Blend or process until the crema is smooth and creamy.
- Once the veggies are tender, add the shrimp and bake for another 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Now it’s time to assemble the fajitas: start with a corn tortilla, then add the peppers/onions, and then shrimp. Top with cotija, pickled onions, fresh cilantro, crema, and whatever other toppings your heart desires!
Keywords: shrimp fajitas, sheet pan shrimp fajitas, fajitas, sheet pan shrimp fajitas recipe