For the Crispy Salmon
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 2 – 4 oz pieces of salmon
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
For the Avocado Salsa
- 3 avocados, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, diced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Make the salsa by adding all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stirring until well combined. Cover and set aside.
- Combine all of the salmon spices, minus the salt, in a small bowl. Pat the salmon skin dry with a paper towel and then sprinkle the salmon skin with salt.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the oil. Next place the salmon in the skillet, skin side down. While the salmon is cooking, sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over both pieces of fish. You can also sprinkle a little extra salt on top as well. Cook the salmon skin side down for roughly 5-6 minutes, then flip and let the salmon finish cooking for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness. Remove the fish from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Finish the salmon by topping it with the avocado salsa and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: crispy salmon, pan seared salmon, salmon with avocado, avocado salsa, how to cook salmon