- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 pound sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4oz baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 oz grated pecorino romano cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add the thinly sliced steak to a small mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir until the steak is well coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in the oil. Next, add the thinly sliced steak to the skillet and cook for two to three minutes on each side until brown. Once the steak has browned, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the coconut aminos and vinegar to the skillet and stir to release any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Next, add the peppers, onion, garlic, and mushrooms to the skillet and cook the veggies until the peppers are tender but still crisp.
- Add the steak back to the skillet and stir until everything is well combined. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and then cover with a lid to allow the cheese to melt. Once the cheese has melted, remove the skillet from the heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: Philly cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak skillet, cheesesteak