- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups brown rice crisps cereal
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Chocolate Layer
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- flakey sea salt, for topping
- Add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to a small saucepan. Heat the peanut butter mixture over medium low heat until everything is warm and melted together.
- Add the gluten free brown rice cereal to a large mixing bowl and then pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal. Stir until the peanut butter and cereal are well combined.
- Pour the cereal mixture into a prepared 8×8 pan. Use a spatula or your finger tips to press the bars evenly into the pan.
- Add the chocolate chips and one tablespoon of coconut oil to the same small saucepan you used to make the peanut butter mixture. Heat the chocolate over medium heat until melted and smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter treats and then use a spatula or knife to spread the chocolate into an even layer. Let the chocolate cool for around forty-five minutes until completely set.
- Once the chocolate has set, cut the treats into squares, top with sea salt, and enjoy!
Keywords: healthy peanut butter rice crispy treats, peanut butter, rice crispy treats, healthy rice crispy treats