- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Coffee Cake Batter
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed, drained, and dried
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make the Crumb Topping: Add the softened butter, sugar, all purpose flour, and salt to a small mixing bowl. Work the butter into the flour and sugar with your fingers until a crumble has formed.
- Prep the dry ingredients and blueberries: To a mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together until well combined. Next, add the cleaned blueberries to another bowl and then add one tablespoon of the flour mixture. Gently toss the blueberries until well coated.
- Make the Coffee Cake Batter: Add the melted butter, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest, eggs, and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a thick batter. Then, add the flour coated blueberries to the batter, gently folding them in just enough to incorporate them into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish. Next, sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the coffee cake.
- Bake the coffee cake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. Tent the cake with foil if the top starts to become too brown.
- Make the Icing: Add the confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined and smooth.
- Let the coffee cake cool for 15-20 minutes before drizzling the icing over the cake while warm. Slice into 9 squares and enjoy!
Keywords: lemon blueberry coffee cake, blueberry lemon coffee cake, lemon blueberry coffee cake recipe