- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- butter, salt, pepper
- thinly sliced green onions, Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper
- butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Thoroughly clean the sweet potatoes and remove any dirt or grit.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45-50 minutes until completely tender. You should easily be able to stick a skewer of toothpick into the thickest part.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove them from the oven.
- Let the potatoes cool slightly (for 5 minutes) and then use a sharp knife to split the top of the potato open and give it a gentle squeeze.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: how to bake sweet potatoes in the oven, how to bake sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes