- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the diced butter to a small skillet or pot. Heat the skillet to medium heat. The butter will start to melt as the skillet heats up. Allow the butter to bubble and “cook” until it begins to change from a bright yellow color to a golden brown color. You will know the butter has “browned” when you see brown bits beginning to form in the bottom of the skillet or pot.
- Once brown, remove the butter from the heat and set aside.
- Add the gluten free flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add the buttermilk, honey, eggs, pumpkin puree, and browned butter. Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently fold everything together until the batter is combined.
- Transfer the cornbread batter to a greased or lined muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the tops of the muffins are golden brown. They should bounce back if lightly pressed.
- Serve the muffins warm. A drizzle of honey, butter, and cinnamon is always a delicious touch!
Keywords: pumpkin cornbread muffins, easy pumpkin cornbread muffins, gluten free pumpkin cornbread muffins, pumpkin cornbread recipe, best pumpkin cornbread, how to make pumpkin cornbread