- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 2 ribs celery
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat large heavy-bottomed pot over medium high heat. Once hot, add in the olive oil diced carrots, celery, onion, and minced garlic. Cook the veggies for three or four minutes until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Next, add the ground beef and ground pork. Let the meat sear and brown, breaking it up as it cooks.
- When the ground pork and beef are fully cooked and no longer pink, add the crushed tomatoes, dried herbs, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and chicken broth. Give the sauce a good stir until everything is well combined.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let the Bolognese sauce simmer for an hour, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Finish the sauce by stirring in the coconut milk and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over spaghetti squash with fresh basil and a sprinkle of cheese if you prefer.
Keywords: spaghetti squash bolognese, bolognese sauce, whole30 bolognese sauce, spaghetti squash, bolognese sauce recipe