- 1/2 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced (roughly 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced (roughly 1/2 a cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz fire-roasted canned tomatoes
- 16 oz kidney beans
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups beef or veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the peppers, onions, and garlic and cook for a few minutes until they become fragrant.
- Next, add the ground beef, salt, and spices, breaking the beef up as it cooks.
- Next, add in the, tomatoes, beans, pumpkin puree and veggie broth. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer the chili for 30-45 minutes and then give it a taste. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like red onion, sour cream, and cilantro.
Keywords: healthy pumpkin chili, pumpkin chili, easy pumpkin chili