For the Crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the Pecan Pie Filling
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients and mix together until well combined and you have a dough-like consistency.
- Press the crust into the baking pan and bake for 18-22 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut milk, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Next, fold the pecan pieces into the filling until well combined.
- Pour the filling evenly over the prepared crust.
- Bake the bars for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees until the bars are set.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing with a sharp knife. To make the bars easier to slice, you can let them chill in the fridge for a bit and allow them to harden before slicing. Finish the pecan pie bars with sprinkle of flaky sea salt and serve!
Keywords: healthy pecan pie bars, pecan pie bars, pecan pie, healthy pecan pie