- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a small pot or saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then cover and reduce the heat. Allow the sauce to cook 10-15 minutes until all of the cranberries have popped and the sauce has started to thicken.
- Remove the lid and reduce the heat to a simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring the sauce occasionally while it cooks. The longer the sauce simmers the thicker it will become. It will also thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the cranberry sauce to a bowl and allow it cool to room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate the sauce for a few hours to chill. Serve with a little orange zest on top.
Keywords: healthy cranberry sauce, homemade cranberry sauce, healthy homemade cranberry sauce, Thanksgiving side dishes