- 1 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for serving
- Avocado oil or ghee for frying
- Add all of the ingredients, except the blueberries, to a high-powered blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Add the blueberries to the batter and gently stir until well combined. Allow the batter to rest while you heat your griddle.
- Next, heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over low to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add a little oil or ghee.
- Next, pour around ⅓ a cup of pancake batter onto the skillet and cook on the first side until the edges of the pancakes are set and bubbles begin to form throughout the batter, around 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook on the second side for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat the process until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve the pancakes warm with plenty of maple syrup and fresh berries if you like.