- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced cooked thick cut ham
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 – 9inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the eggs, half and half, hot sauce, green onion, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the avocado oil and then add the diced ham. Cook the ham for 2-3 minutes just until it begins to brown.
- Next add the garlic and onion. Sauté for another 3-5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the baby spinach to the skillet, sauté for a minute until the spinach is wilted, and then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Pour the ham and spinach mixture into the pie crust and then top with sharp cheddar cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the quiche filling. You may need to spread the green onion out a bit evenly. Bake the quiche at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown and the egg is set.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: ham and spinach quiche, ham spinach quiche, spinach and ham quiche