- 8 tablespoons UNSALTED BUTTER, melted
- 3/4 cup mashed banana, roughly 2 bananas
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed DARK BROWN SUGAR
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 1/2 cups GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (plus more for the top)
- In a large mixing bowl add the melted butter, mashed banana, pumpkin purée, dark brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Next, add the gluten free flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a prepared 9×5 loaf pan. If you would like, sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top of the bread.
- Bake the pumpkin banana bread at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool before removing it from the pan and onto a wire rack for slicing. Enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin banana bread, banana bread, pumpkin bread, gluten free pumpkin banana bread