- 4 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 10 oz barbecue sauce, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Coleslaw
- Make the BBQ Chicken: Add the chicken breast, barbecue sauce, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and salt to your crockpot. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2-3 hours until the chicken breast is cooked through and shreddable. Use two forks to shred the chicken breast in the barbecue sauce.
- Make the coleslaw: Add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, celery seed, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together until everything is well combined. Add the shredded coleslaw mix and green onion to the dressing. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Toast the buns: Heat a large skillet or griddle of over medium heat. Add the butter and swirl or push around until melted. Place the buns, cut side down, and toast for 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Top the toasted brioche buns with the shredded bbq chicken, a little more barbecue sauce (if desired), and a generous spoonful of slaw. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: bbq chicken sandwich, bbq chicken sandwich recipe, pulled bbq chicken sandwich, what to serve with bbq chicken sandwiches