- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- black pepper
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup butter
- Clean and dice the potatoes into large chunks and then add to the base of a slow cooker.
- Add the smashed garlic cloves, sprigs of rosemary, chicken broth, and 1 cup of coconut milk to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours until the potatoes are fork tender. Lower the heat to the warm setting.
- Remove the woody part of the rosemary sprig from the potatoes. Next, use a potato masher or hand mixer to mash the potatoes.
- Add the butter and the remaining 3/4 cup coconut milk to the potatoes and continue to mash until smooth creamy. Add more milk if you want the potatoes to be creamier. This is also the time to add any cheese, sour cream, or Greek yogurt if you are using.
- You an either leave the potatoes in the slow cooker base or transfer them to a serving dish. Serve the potatoes with a drizzle of melted butter and a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
Keywords: slow cooker mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes, slow cooker, garlic mashed potatoes, slow cooker garlic mashed potatoes