- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 box Lundberg Family Farms Garlic & Basil Whole Grain & Wild Rice and Seasoning Packet
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and then add the diced onion, carrot, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté the veggies for 3-4 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the Lundberg Family Farms Whole Grain & Wild Rice, along with the seasoning packet. Give everything a stir until it’s well combined. The garlic and basil seasoning should smell fragrant.
- Add the boneless skinless chicken breast to the pot and then add the chicken broth, bay leaves, and fresh lemon juice. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the soup and let it simmer for 32 minutes.
- Once the soup has simmered, and the rice is tender, remove the chicken and use two forks to shred the meat. Then, add the shredded chicken back to the soup and discard the bay leaves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and arrowroot starch and then pour into the soup. Let the soup continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 5-10 minutes until it has thickened.
- Serve the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs or thinly sliced green onion.
Keywords: lemon chicken and wild rice soup, creamy chicken soup, creamy lemon chicken soup