For the Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Sauce
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- 1 batch homemade cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make the meatballs: Add the ground turkey, whisked egg, almond flour, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and minced garlic to a mixing bowl and use your hands to gently mix together until well combined. Use a tablespoon measure to scoop and roll the ground turkey into meatballs. You should be able to make 20 meatballs.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the lined sheet pan and then place the meatballs on the sheet pan. Bake the meatballs at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Make the Sauce: Whisk together the cranberry sauce, bbq sauce, ground mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
- Once the meatballs are done cooking transfer them to the base of your slow cooker. Pour over the sauce and gently toss the meatballs to ensure they are covered. Cook the meatballs on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve warm, garnished with thinly sliced green onion and toothpicks for serving.
Keywords: cranberry bbq meatballs, meatballs with cranberry sauce and bbq sauce, cranberry and bbq sauce meatballs, crockpot cranberry bbq meatballs