- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (plus more for the top)
- In a large mixing bowl add the melted butter, pumpkin purée, dark brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Next, add the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a prepared 9×5 loaf pan and then sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the pumpkin bread at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool slightly before removing it from the pan and transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate pumpkin bread, chocolate pumpkin bread recipe, chocolate pumpkin bread with chocolate chips