- 1/2 cup creamy unsweetened, unsalted, and all-natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely ground blanched almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus more for the top)
- 3 oz chopped dark chocolate (plus more for the top)
- flaky sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the almond butter, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the almond flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients to create the cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks to the mixing bowl and fold into the dough.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared skillet. Use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to spread out the dough and press it into even layer in the skillet. Sprinkle extra semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks on top and use a spatula to press them into the top of the dough just a bit.
- Bake the cookie skillet for 17-22 minutes at 350 degrees until the edges are golden brown, the center is set, and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Top with flaky sea salt and let the cookie skillet cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream and extra chocolate shavings on top if you like!
Keywords: skillet chocolate chip cookie, skillet cookie recipe, gluten free skillet cookie, how to make a skillet cookie