- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons finely diced or grated yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 oz marinara sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into rounds
- cooked pasta, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the meatballs: Add the ground chicken, whisked egg, garlic, onion, basil, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt pepper, parmesan, almond flour, and red pepper flakes to a large mixing bowl. Gently mix together until well combined. Use a tablespoon measure to scoop and roll the meat mixture into meatballs. You should be able to make around 20 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add the olive oil and then add the meatballs to the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes until golden and then flip and cook another 2 minutes. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your skillet. Once the meatballs have browned, remove them from skillet.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and wipe down or rinse to remove any browned bits. Return the meatballs to the skillet and pour the marinara sauce over the meatballs. Top the meatballs with the sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges of the skillet are bubbly. If desired, turn the oven to low broil and let cook for 2-3 minutes to help the cheese brown a bit.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top with a more grated parmesan and additional fresh parsley and basil.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce with the cooked pasta of your choice. Enjoy!
Keywords: chicken parmesan meatballs, chicken meatball parmesan, parmesan chicken meatballs