- 6 tablespoons UNSALTED BUTTER, melted
- 3/4 cup mashed banana, roughly 2 bananas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed DARK BROWN SUGAR
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 3/4 cup GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon SALT
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To a large mixing bowl add the melted butter, mashed banana, applesauce, dark brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Next, add the gluten free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, and salt to the wet mixture. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Once everything is well combined, fold the shredded carrots and walnuts into the batter.
- Transfer the banana bread batter to a 9×5 pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Once cooked through, transfer the bread to a wire rack and let cool.
- While the bread is cooling make the cream cheese frosting. Add the room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon, room temperature almond milk, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip until smooth and creamy.
- Once the bread has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the bread. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Use a box grater to shred the carrot by hand for the best results.
- Let the almond milk and cream cheese come to room temperature before making the frosting.
Keywords: carrot cake banana bread, banana bread, carrot cake, gluten free carrot cake banana bread, gluten free banana bread