- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee
- 12 oz andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning (plus more to taste)
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in the avocado oil or ghee.
Add the minced garlic and cook for minute until fragrant.
Add the sliced andouille sausage and cook for three to four minutes to brown on both sides. When the sausage has browned, add the sliced bell peppers and onions to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and the cajun seasoning. Cook the veggies for three to four minutes.
- Next, add the shrimp to the skillet and toss to combine. Cook for two to three minutes until the shrimp is translucent and cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the lemon juice, sliced green onion, and more seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.
Keywords: cajun shrimp and sausage skillet, shrimp and sausage skillet, one skillet shrimp and sausage