- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets (chopped on the smaller side)
- 3/4 cup shredded shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 – 9inch pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the eggs, half and half, hot sauce, green onion, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the diced bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet, set aside, and let drain on paper towel.
- Add the onion, garlic, and broccoli to the skillet sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent and then remove from the heat.
- Transfer the broccoli filling mixture to the pie crust and then top with the cooked bacon and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the filling. You may need to spread the green onion out a bit evenly over the top of the quiche. Bake the quiche at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the egg is set.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: broccoli cheddar quiche, quiche broccoli cheddar, broccoli cheddar quiche recipe