For the Egg Mixture
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
For the Filling
- 1/2 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup small diced sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- avocado oil spray, for greasing muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the egg mixture: Whisk the eggs, coconut milk, green onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and hot sauce in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the ground sausage and brown. Breaking it up as it cooks.
- Once the sausage has started to brown, add the diced sweet potatoes. Cook for 4-6 minutes until the sweet potatoes start to become tender.
- Next, add the diced onion and diced bell peppers to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the veggies start to become tender. Remove the skillet form the heat.
- Grease your muffin tin with avocado oil spray to prevent any sticking. Divide the sausage mixture evenly among the greased muffin cups.⠀
- Pour the whisked egg mixture into the muffin wells evenly over the sausage mixture until 3/4s of the way full.
- Bake the egg muffins at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until the egg is set and no longer runny.
Keywords: egg muffins, egg muffin cups, egg muffin recipe, breakfast egg muffins, how to make egg muffins