- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, diced
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the almond flour, oats, sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl. Use your hands to work the butter into the flour, sugar, and oats until it is well combined and forms a dough like consistency.
- Press 2/3 of the crumb-crust mixture into a 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake the crust for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract over medium-high heat. Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to mash the blueberries and break them down. Bring the blueberry mixture to a boil and then lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes while constantly stirring.
- When the blueberries have all burst and turned a dark purple color, whisk the lemon juice and arrowroot starch in a small bowl to make a slurry. Turn off the heat, and pour the slurry mixture into the blueberries. Stir until the blueberries have thickened into a jam like consistency.
- Pour the blueberry jam on top of the crust and use a spatula to spread it evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumb topping evenly over the jam.
- Let the bars bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the jam is bubbly around the edges and the top is golden brown.
- Let the bars come to a complete cool. Slice into squares and enjoy!
Keywords: Blueberry Pie Bars, Blueberry Pie, Blueberry Crisp, Blueberry Crumb Bars, Blueberry Oatmeal Bars