- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- green onion, for garnish
For the Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 10 oz barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- Make the Chicken: Add the chicken breast, barbecue sauce, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper to your crockpot. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the chicken breast is cooked through, tender, and easy to shred. Use two forks to shred the meat in the barbecue sauce.
- Bake the Sweet Potatoes: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thoroughly clean the sweet potatoes and remove any dirt or grit. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake the sweet potatoes for 45-50 minutes until completely tender. You should easily be able to stick a skewer or toothpick into the thickest part. Once the potatoes are tender, remove them from the oven.
- Make the Coleslaw: Add the mayo, apple cider vinegar, celery seed, Dijon Mustard, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined. Pour the dressing over the shredded coleslaw mix and toss until well combined.
- Assemble: When you are ready to serve, use a sharp knife to split the top of the potato open lengthwise. Give the potato ends a gentle squeeze inward to open it up a bit and use a fork to fluff the insides a bit. Stuff the potatoes with around 4 oz of the pulled barbecue chicken and then top with coleslaw. Garnish with green onion and serve!
Keywords: bbq chicken stuffed sweet potatoes, bbq stuffed sweet potatoes, bbq chicken sweet potato, pulled chicken sweet potato