This Thai-inspired Crunch Salad is full of color and bold fresh flavors. Fresh herbs, shredded cabbage, and crunchy bell peppers all come together with a creamy peanut dressing. This easy recipe is the perfect summer salad and goes great with your favorite protein, like chicken, fish or even tofu for a meat-free option!
Delicious Thai Inspired Crunch Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing
Umm, let’s talk about this salad, ok? It’s delicious, and perfect, and crunch, and creamy, and just everything that salads should be from here on out.
I love a big salad with fresh greens and all the toppings, but sometimes you just need to take a different spin on the traditional salad situation. This Thai-inspired Crunch Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing is the spin you need.
Watch How to Make This Recipe
This salad is more similar to a slaw than a traditional salad with mixed greens or lettuce. It’s packed with crunchy fresh veggies, lots of fresh herbs, and toasted almonds for even more flavor.
Thai Inspired Crunch Salad Ingredients
Bell Peppers: For this recipe, sliced red, yellow, or orange bell peppers work best.
Carrots: Keep things easy and use pre-shredded carrots.
Cabbage: This salad uses a combination of both red and green cabbage. Feel free to use just one variety if you need to.
Cilantro and Green Onion: Fresh herbs and green onion add so much flavor to the salad.
Sliced Almonds: These add a little extra flavor and crunch.
Creamy Peanut Dressing
Once you have all of the salad ingredients prepped it’s time to make the star of the show – creamy peanut dressing. The creamy peanut dressing takes this salad to the next level. It’s creamy, delicious, just a little sweet, full of flavor and I promise you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful.
Thankfully, this dressing is so easy to make. It’s made with simple ingredients but adds just the right flavor to all of the fresh veggies in the salad.
Here’s what you need:
- Creamy all-natural peanut butter
- Rice vinegar
- Coconut aminos
- Fish sauce
- Lime juice
To make the dressing all you have to do is add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If your dressing is a little thick, you can add a little water or lime juice to thin it out a bit.
How to Make a Thai Inspired Crunch Salad
Step One: Slice and prep all of your veggies and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add the chopped cilantro, green onion, and sliced almonds as well.
Step Two: Add all of the dressing ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Step Three: Drizzle a few spoonfuls of the dressing over the salad and toss until well coated. Feel free to add as much or as little dressing as you would like. Finish the salad with more chopped cilantro and green onion.
How to Serve the Salad
One of my favorite ways to serve this salad is on the side of a piece of crispy roasted salmon with white or cauliflower rice. This salad goes really well with seafood, chicken, pork, or even beef.
It would also be a great side dish to bring to a cookout or potluck this summer! The creamy peanut dressing has just the right combo of sweetness and acidity which I think works really well with grilled or smoked meats.
Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
- This salad is hearty and gets even better as it sits which makes it a great option to meal prep. It should last up to three days in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- You will likely have leftover dressing. Use it as a dip for fresh veggies or drizzle it over mixed greens to make another flavorful salad!
- If your dressing is too thick, feel free to thin it out a bit with a little water or extra lime juice.
- If you need to keep this salad Paleo-friendly, you can use almond butter instead of peanut butter for the dressing.
More Delicious Recipes to Try
Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
Chili Lime Shrimp Salad with Sweet & Spicy Guacamole
Berry Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Basil Pesto Chicken Salad
I hope you give this Thai-Inspired Crunch Salad a try! This makes a quick and easy breakfast or snack that everyone will love!
If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on INSTAGRAM. Your reviews help support All the Healthy Things and make it possible for me to continue to create the recipes you know and love.
For the Salad
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Drizzle your desired amount of the peanut dressing over the salad. You’ll probably have a bit leftover and that’s ok. Toss the salad until well combined and coated in the dressing. Enjoy!
Keywords: Thai crunch salad, creamy peanut dressing, salad, dressing